10 ideas on how sms marketing compares to other channels
In this article, we'll compare SMS to other Marketing channels.
1. SMS is the most preferred channel for receiving brand updates.
Surveys show than almost 50% of consumers prefer to receive updates via SMS. By comparison, only 8% want to receive emails.
2. SMS messages have a 98% open rate vs 20% for email
Just think of the last time when you didn't check your SMS.
Most people will act in the same way
3. Users are 5 times more likely to respond to a text than to an email.
When it comes to texting vs email response rate, SMS performs a lot better.
This shows that people see text as more thrustworthy and personal way to communicate.
4. SMS response rate are up to 300% higher than phone call response rates
For example, when verifying personal information, people are 3 times more likely to respond to texts than calls.
5. SMS has a much faster response time
Average response time for a legitimate email is about 90 minutes, compared to just 90 seconds for a text message.
6. 55% of consumers prefer to receive appointment reminders via SMS vs 35% who prefer email notifications.
SMS can reduce missed appointments by up to 80%.
7. When it comes to sales, 90% prefer to be texted, rather than being called on the phone.
As businesses seek to expand their client base, SMS allows them to do just that.
8. The click rate for SMS ads is 19%.
Only 2% of links in emails result in clicks, which is quite a low rate for direct marketing. On the other hand, SMS campaigns deliver on average a 19% click rate.
This makes it one of the best ways to generate leads online.
9. Only 1% of SMS marketing messages are considered spam compared to almoust 50% of emails.
SMS Marketing is an opt-in service that requires to have the approval of the use before sending him text messages.
Given the need for consent, the spam rate for SMS is quite low compared to email, which makes it one of the most effective tools
10. About 61% of businesses still don't use SMS vs more than 90% who use social media
Despite the SMS boom, 61% of marketers have yet to embrace it.
The good news is, should you start today, you will have a competitive advantage over your competition.
Here’s how to start your first SMS campaign:
1. Create an account with Global Voice.
2. Create your content group (make sure your customers are opted-in to receive marketing communication from you).
3. Create your SMS campaign (takes a few minutes).
4. Finally, send your SMS campaign.